This time, I’d like to introduce one of the most fascinating things about my country – Georgia – Georgian Folk Show.
Georgian Folk Show is one of the most attractive and certainly unforgettable things about Georgia.
Have you ever heard about flying dancers at the venue? You might have thought, that’s not possible, but, my friends, then you haven’t seen the Georgian Folk Show.
The Georgian Dancing Culture has a long-time history. Georgian Folk Show is the reflection of Georgian people’s character, it’s temper and passion.
What Is The Georgian Folk Show?
You might think that Georgian Folk Show is just a dance. Nope. This is the whole experience. This is the exploration of Georgia’s history, cuisine and culture all at once.
Georgian Folk Show includes: dances and songs presenting various regions of Georgia and performs both solo and group artists. The show will help you become familiar with the culture and Georgian history.
Georgian folk show dance is unforgettable every time – no matter how experienced a visitor you are.
Georgian Folk Show Tbilisi
Visitors to our capital have the opportunity to see and listen to the Georgian Folk Show of the world-famous Georgian dances and songs every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday since 2012 all year long non-stop, regardless of the season.
There are some of many places you can enjoy Georgian Folk Show:
- Alani Restaurant provides Georgian Folk Show – the folk dance and music performances every day at 8:00 pm.
- Restaurant “Tabla” serves delicious Georgian dishes and drinks. National, refined interior, traditional fireplace, live and popular Georgian Folk Show, a cozy and comfortable environment.
- You can enjoy Georgian folk dance performances from Tuesday to Saturday in the evening times. Here you can have a pleasant and relaxing dinner, plan a business lunch, or a corporate party and taste famous Georgian dishes from the kitchen.
- Ethno Tsiskvili is one of the famous restaurants in Tbilisi. It’s a restaurant and a museum at the same time. It was established in 2002 and is an iconic Georgian restaurant, best known for its service and the Georgian Folk Show.
- Sanadimo Hall is an amazing fusion of old and new styles of interior design. You will be charmed by this place. Here you can also enjoy Georgian traditional musical and Georgian Folk Show dance with modern elements.
Georgian Folk Show – WELCOME TO GEORGIA – THE MUSICAL
There is one particularly fascinating show to see in Tbilisi! I mean a musical, romantic theatrical play which is telling a story about Georgia and the local people. This musical combines:
- National costumes
- Local cuisine.
This Georgian Folk Show features around 15 traditional Georgian songs and dances performed live on stage by many famous Georgian actors who will take you on a journey from wine cellar to the feast table, where you’ll be served with world-renowned Georgian hospitality for an evening of humor, romance and a taste of true Georgia and all its traditions.
Georgian Folk Show – Welcome To Georgia is adapted to foreign visitors. Most dialogue is in English (includes some subtitles in Georgian).
Here, with this musical, you can explore the World of Georgian Music, Dance, Traditions, Culture and History! The show lasts 95 minutes. Georgian Folk Show’s adult guests will be welcomed with complimentary wine, Lagidze lemonade, and other drinks before the show and during the intermission.
Georgian Folk Show – Sukhishvili Dancing Studio
There would be no word about Georgian Folk Show without Sukhishvili dancers.
The dancing studio which has been functioning for decades represents Georgian Folk Show internationally and is very well known in the global community.
Sukhishvili ansamble is not only a traditional dancing studio but also the novator of the new modern national dances. Every year, the whole of Georgia and its guests are awaiting the famous show from the Sukhishvili family.
Georgian Folk Show Batumi
Georgian Folk Show is available in Batumi as well. If you’re visiting Batumi and would like to attend the national traditional show, I’d offer you the Argo Cable Car.
Argo Cable Car is one of those places in Batumi, where you can watch Georgian folklore shows every day and take part in the traditional dances or the master classes.
Georgian Folk Shows include some elements of ancient rituals and describe love, friendship, war and many other intriguing stories.
Georgian Folk Show – the traditional dances and polyphonic music, which is part of the representative list of UNESCO’s intangible cultural heritage, is one of the best ways to get to know our country Georgia.
So, you are very welcome to the Georgian Folk Show in Batumi every evening, at Argo Cable Car.
Things To Do In Georgia, Tbilisi
Beyond the Georgian Folk Show, I’d take you to the funicular to Mtatsminda Mountain for panoramic views over Tbilisi and explore Mtatsminda Pantheon.
Here some of Georgia’s famous artists, scholars and writers are buried. Not only Georgian Folk Show, but you can also discover:
- Archaeological treasures from the Middle Ages in the Georgian National Museum.
- The Open Air Museum of Ethnography and enjoy being on the banks of Turtle Lake
- In the evening, enjoy a delicious dinner of Georgian specialties as Georgian folk music fills the air.
- Private city tour of Tbilisi with dinner and a folk show Enjoy fine views over Tbilisi from Mtatsminda Mountain Explore Mtatsminda Pantheon.
- Don’t forget to have a delicious dinner of Georgian specialties in a traditional restaurant Tour includes round-trip travel from your Tbilisi hotel.
Georgia is proud of its rich culture. Georgian folklore, famous for its diversity, with traditional dances and music, has a centuries-long history and is an integral part of the local culture and daily life.
Georgian Folk Show is known for many people thanks to those artists traveling the world to introduce this beautiful tradition to other nations.
So, Georgian Folk Show is one more reason to come to Georgia and enjoy your voyage.
You can enjoy with Georgian Folk Show all year. So, don’t delay. Contact me right now, so I could organize your safe and joyful trip to my country. Sign up now.